Do you miss that special Sunday vibe?
Are you bawling your eyes out right now, just because you are single this valentine’s too?
Have you started to feel that all you have is never?
Growing up, Sunday has always been the most awaited day of the week for almost everyone! Be it school days or the job life, Sundays have always had a different vibe altogether. But since the pandemic has hit our lives, every day has started to feel like a Sunday. The only difference is that we are still working, although in our comfort zones but why is nobody talking about monotony? To top it all, this Sunday is supposed to be the valentine’s day and people like me who’ve got no date are kinda bummed. But who says that to feel loved, you need people around you?
Ah, c’mon! Now stop feeling like a loner already. If there’s no one to make you feel special, why don’t YOU do that for yourself this time? I promise once you know these 5 “single-but committed to yourself” valentine’s day hacks, there is no going back.
This blog has been written to make you feel loved and special.
Now let’s dive into our hacks!
• Take yourself on a beautiful date. It would’ve taken you less than a second to get up from that cosy couch, had somebody else planned a date for you, right? But why are you even working so hard, if you aren’t spoiling yourself with cute little gestures? Here, Valentine’s day becomes your ultimate escape from gifts that you don’t even want and roses that are gonna die anyway. Instead, you get the opportunity to buy yourself things that you actually need, spoil yourself with activities that you really wish to do and eat any amount of lovely food without even caring what the other person would think of you. I believe that after busting your socks off the entire week, you do deserve this little treat to yourself:)
• How about a dance performance?
Plan A: Wait till night, get yourself dressed, switch on those fairy lights, light up a sweet-smelling candle, play a romantic song and let yourself loose in that magical vibe. You don’t always need a partner to perform that soothing dance with. Sometimes, vibing with your selves can feel so divine.
Plan B: Wear some really comfy clothes, raise the blinds, let that lively sunshine come into your house, play dancing music and start to channelise all your energy into something exciting and fun. Trust me, you are gonna enjoy every moment of it and still not get tired.
• A warm bath is a soothing path.
Did you know that research proves that bathing can reduce the feeling of depression and pessimism? “Baths give you…a wonderful combination of isolation, quietness, and comfort.”, says psychologist Neil Morris, who surveyed 80 people. You can further consider going to a spa and getting yourself some nice massage. It’ll help you reduce the whole week’s tiredness and would also let you feel fresh. You see, it’s never too late to pamper yourself!
• Gather all your single friends!
Pop a cork, order some delicious food and gather your singles clan! Well, partying doesn’t always require an occasion, right? To make it even more of an enthralling experience, you can plan a short trip or a picnic to some beautiful place. Valentine’s day is the day of love and love is never limited to a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. It’s not every day that you get a chance to hang out with your friends and have fun. Might as well avail the opportunity!
• Your family wouldn’t disappoint you though.
Okay, I get what you are thinking right now. You might have heard this many times and reading it one more time might seem a bit cheesy. But have you ever “tried” to ask your parents to be your valentine? If never, then I’d strongly suggest you to do so. If there is anybody in this whole wide world who would randomly put in their money and unconditional love for you, (without even asking anything in return) it’s them. And this can be the day where you can buy your parents some beautiful gifts and expect the same from them too. Because if there is any love that’ll always remain true, it’s your parent’s love for you!
Real talk: Being single is not something to feel bad about. It’s never too late to fall in love with yourself and cherish every moment of it. You should know that there’s only one person on this earth, who truly looks out for you and that’s you!